Hiring for a Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
San Francisco Bay Area
02 December 2015
Principals only. We will only consider candidates located in or near San Francisco.
The Senior Business Intelligence Consultant is responsible for designing, testing, and implementing business intelligence solutions based on Microsoft SQL Server technology. You will work with customers to understand and analyze requirements and develop BI solutions using T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and SharePoint.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a clear understanding of BI and Data Warehousing and related technologies. If selected, you can expect a steady stream of challenging, exciting client engagements in the SF Bay Area that will push your capabilities and creativity to their limits. You will work with our team of professionals, learning our formulas for success and sharing ideas for solving business problems.
DesignMind offers Medical, Dental & Vision benefits, 401(k), performance bonuses, an office in the heart of downtown San Francisco, and many other great perks!
You will work as the lead business analyst to understand business processes, gather and document project requirements, and translate them into functional and technical specifications for BI reports and applications.
This will include translating requirements into BI solutions using Microsoft SQL Server and other tools. Tasks may include:
- Creating data warehouses from the ground up, using best practices to gather requirements, model data, and implement a system that is highly performant and near-real-time .
- Developing interactive reports using SSRS
- Extending existing DW infrastructures and SSAS cubes with new dimensionality and new data sources using SSIS, T-SQL, and SSAS
- Improving data governance and data quality using MDS and DQS
- Adapting to change, and maximize value for clients using agile techniques
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science (equivalent professional experience considered).
- Minimum 5 years’ hands-on continuous work experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions (ETL, cubes, reports, dashboards, scorecards) using MS SQL Server tools (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) in a data warehousing environment.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS in 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Warehousing and BI best practices
- Expertise building SSAS cubes and programming complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Excellent analytic and deductive reasoning ability (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples).
- Must have high energy level; be self- motivated, with a results oriented demeanor.
- Good Communication skills and a strong desire to succeed.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Must be able to travel to client sites in SF Bay Area